More homeowners in southeast Queensland and beyond are understanding the importance of being proactive about their pest control and ensuring regular pest inspections at their property. But many still wonder, “how often should pest control be done?”
While there are certainly some standard guidelines to follow, it’s not necessarily a “one-size-fits-all” answer, and the need for pest control varies depending on your location, type of house, climate conditions, and prior pest infestation status.
So how often should pest control be done? Here at Proactive Pest Solutions, we generally recommend an annual pest inspection for all of our residential clients. There are, however, some things to consider which may indicate that you need an inspection or pest treatment more often.
Required Pest Control Frequency – Why it Varies
Residential pest inspection frequency depends on the location and age of your home.
- Older homes are often constructed with materials that are very appealing to pests, while more modern homes are built, to a certain extent, limit these risks.
- Older homes have also had more time to develop a hidden, uncontrolled problem with pests (especially if a regular inspection schedule has not been adhered to).
- Some locations are more vulnerable to certain pests, especially termites. More frequent inspections (e.g. six-monthly) may be advised if your home is in an area known for a plethora of issues.
- If a severe pest problem is encountered on your property, your professional pest control provider may recommend follow-up inspections at set periods over the coming year or longer to ensure the issue does not recur.
- While some pest mitigation strategies are usually “one-and-done” (e.g. possum or beehive relocations), rats, mice, ants, cockroaches, and spiders may take several inspections and ongoing treatments to fully manage or eliminate.
Commercial pest inspections are required more often than residential inspections, especially for premises where food is prepared or sold. This could be a minimum of quarterly inspections to weekly or fortnightly if there has been a prior pest infestation issue.
How Often Should Pest Control Be Done for an Average-Sized House
A standard, average-sized residential house in southeast Queensland, which has no recent history of termite infestation or other pest problems, can usually be inspected on an annual basis.
You also need to understand how long pest control treatments last.
Proactive Pest Solutions is your local Sunshine Coast pest control company providing this premium service. We will keep track of your due date for re-inspection on an ongoing basis and send reminders when it is time to book your next inspection.
If we identify an issue, we will, in collaboration with you, take steps to resolve the problem and discuss your ongoing inspection schedule and how often should pest control be done.
The Importance of Regular Pest Control
Any signs of a pest problem in your property indicate that insects or other pests have already moved in en-masse. They can cause property damage, risk the health of your family and pets, spoil your perishables and damage other possessions, and cost you a lot of money.
The best way to prevent problems with pests is to be proactive and partner with a reputable pest control company near you. The best pest control professionals have the training, experience, and techniques to quickly and easily detect and eliminate ants, cockroaches, spiders, termites, rodents, and more.
Regular pest control inspections and preventative treatments are imperative for your health, safety, and peace of mind. So if you’re wondering how often should pest control be done, it’s highly recommended to seek the advice of a professional pest control technician who can give recommendations to your home, area and current situation.
When is the best time for regular pest control in the Sunshine Coast area?
Pests are least active during winter (June-August). As temperatures and humidity levels rise in spring (late August-late November) most pests re-emerge from their dormancy and this is the best time for standard pest inspections and proactive pest control. But there is never a bad time to get the peace of mind that you deserve!
TIP: check whether the pest control company you choose provides a 12-month guarantee on all general pest control treatments. Proactive Pest Solutions promises this and much more.
Contact Us Now
If you notice pests in your home or other property – DON’T WAIT! In this case (or if it’s been more than a year since your last inspection/treatment) the best time is RIGHT NOW.
Proactive Pest Solutions is a top Sunshine Coast pest control company.
- Fully Licensed
- Fully Trained
- Professional and Friendly
- Committed to the Safest Products and Practices
- Understand Building and Construction
- As Sustainable as Possible
- Transparent and Reliable
- Australian Owned and Operated
Our regular maintenance service keeps track of your due date for annual pest control inspections and treatments – we are proactive so you don’t need to be.